- Last Updated on 17 January 2017
- Hits: 605
The Nominations Committee of the African Studies Association is soliciting nominations from members to be considered as candidates for positions on the Board of Directors of the ASA.
If elected, board members serve for three years starting at the Fall Board meeting in the year in which they are elected and continuing through the Fall Board meeting of the third year.
Their responsibilities are the following:
• To serve and advance the interests of the ASA as a whole
• To attend all scheduled Board meetings (usually one in the fall and one in the spring)
• To serve on one or two Board committees that serve and carry out the interests of the ASA including the Annual Meeting, the Executive, Publications, Finance, or Nominations Committees
• To review the budget of the ASA
• To work productively with the Executive Director and staff of the ASA