- Last Updated on 12 February 2014
- Hits: 1617
The African Studies Association (ASA) invites experienced trade show production companies (vendors) to submit proposals for exhibit hall management services, for the 57th Annual Meeting of the Association.
2014 Annual Meeting at a glance
What: The theme for the 2014 Annual Meeting is Rethinking Violence, Reconstruction and Reconciliation.
The ASA Annual Meeting is the largest gathering of Africanist scholars in the world. With an attendance of almost 2,000 scholars and professionals, the conference offers the following:
- More than 200 panels and roundtables
- Scholarly and professional plenary and institutional events
- Awards and prizes
- Discussion groups
- An international exhibit hall
- Screenings of award-winning movies from Africa, and/or by African producers.
When: This year’s meeting will take place on November 20 – 23, 2014
Where: JW Marriott Indianapolis Hotel, Indianapolis, Indiana
Overview of the ASA
Established in 1957, the African Studies Association is the flagship membership organization devoted to enhancing the exchange of information about Africa.
With almost 2,000 individual and institutional members worldwide, the African Studies Association encourages the production and dissemination of knowledge about Africa, past and present.
The African Studies Association encourages the production and dissemination of historical and contemporary knowledge about Africa. The ASA aims to cultivate a better understanding of the African continent, taking a holistic approach to its areas of focus. This includes all facets of the continent’s political, economic, social, cultural, artistic, scientific, and environmental landscapes, to name a few. Our members include scholars, students, teachers, activists, development professionals, policymakers and donors.
The ASA achieves its mission by:
- Providing access to path-breaking research and key debates in African Studies
- Facilitating interdisciplinary exchanges with African scholars and institutions
- Publishing high quality research on Africa-related issues
- Fostering networks of Africanist scholars and practitioners through the Annual Meeting and other forums
- Addressing the challenges faced by universities engaged in research, teaching and outreach related to Africa
- Broadening professional opportunities on African issues
- Promoting a better understanding of Africa through academia, policy-makers, NGOs, media, business, learned societies, and other interested communities
If your organisation is interested in partnering with the African Studies Association as this year’s Annual Meeting Exhibit Hall manager, please forward a proposal by email or via post to:
African Studies Association
54 Joyce Kilmer Avenue
Piscataway, NJ 08854
Submissions must be received by Friday May 2nd, 2014
Please include the following information in your proposal
1) A detailed description of, and competitive price quotes on:
- Installation and removal of a minimum of 45 8' x 10' exhibit booths, including pipe and drape, back and side walls, draped tables and chairs
- Exhibit hall floor layout and marking, and floor masking drape
- Detailed quote for setting up the registration area
- Detailed quote for setting up the Exhibit Hall entrance
- Floor plans
- Account Management
- Pre Show Services
- On-Site Services
- Post Show Services
- Rental Furniture and Equipment
- Freight and Shipping
- Banners and Signage
- Exhibitor Services
- Online Capabilities
2) Three (3) client references from the past two years
3) The African Studies Association values the relationships we have built with our exhibitors. Therefore it is important that the exhibit hall decorating services meet the standard of quality that ASA exhibitors have come to expect. To that end, please provide information supporting your policies and procedures on the subjects of:
- Account Management
- Conflict Resolution
- Customer Service
- Employee Conduct
- Evaluation Processes (please provide samples of related evaluation forms used)
4) Please answer each of the following questions in up to one paragraph per question:
a. Has your organization previously worked with a scholarly association or learned society?
b. What sets your organization apart from others in your industry?
c. What additional details would you like to give us about your organisation, as we consider your application to provide this service?